Wednesday, November 18, 2009

the return of an elder.

My sister is making fun of my for that title, so I'm going to keep saying it.
As many of you know by now, Frank Brunt is home from his mission. Which means, yes, Perry has cut his hair. Elder Brunt returned on Friday the 13th. It was a long wait at the airport, but well worth it. There were three other missionary families waiting in the airport with the Brunt's family. Then it just happened just like that, BOOM. He came down the stairs. I was unprepared so my picture was a little delayed. But yes, I got a picture of the first hug, then everyone formed a line and waited patiently (Perry - not so patiently) and got their welcome home hug.

Frank, this boy I used to know, was so crazy and was a trouble maker just like Perry, came home a Man. He is so grown up. While driving back from the airport, Perry was sad. I asked why and he said it wasnt't the same Frank. He was happy he was back, but didn't feel like he was fully back.

After we took many pictures at the airport, we left and went and ate at Carl's Jr. Ha ha, I know seems a little funny, but it was great. Perry was sitting with me, his mom, and his sister, until we allowed him to leave the table to go sit with the boys. I looked at the table and Perry looked like a little boy on Christmas morning. He couldn't stop smiling. From there we took Frank around to see the new house in his family, and went home so he could relax. The whole day, I was wondering when we were going to cut Perry's hair, if we were going to cut it. We figured it would be best if Frank got his rest, so we postponed it.

On saturday, we had a family get together for Frank, with food and games. I ended up watching all the crazy kids. They make me laugh so hard. When the games were finished, Frank and Perry decided to cut his hair. However, they needed clippers to cut the rest of it after cutting it in the pony tail. So we had to cut it at Frank's brother, J's house. We pulled up and he wasn't at home. So we had to postpone it again.

We made a plan to cut it on Sunday after church. And sure enough, after church it was cut. Perry was a little nervous, as was I. We went into the garage and Frank started cutting the pony tail. First snip - Oh my gosh, this is really happening. Second snip - Wow, I cannot believe this. It got up to about 20 snips. He started gagging at the first snip, I would too. It was a lot of hair. He finally got it cut all the way, and Perry looked so silly. I then went inside while they finished the rest, and when Perry came walking in after, I didn't recognize him. His scalp was so white, and you could really see his red hair.

Perry's hair has already grown so much since Sunday. But I must admit, he looks very handsome. It is so new, and I love it. Perry went and played volleyball with his SLCC team last night, and many of his team mates did not recognize him, either. Perry also brought Frank with him to play volleyball, and I've never seen Perry so happy in his life. I went and picked them up after, and Perry was all smiles. He later told me on the phone, "Frank is back."

Here are the pics.



Last time of the hair.
Driving to the airport.









The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment