Thursday, November 12, 2009

less than 24 hours...

It's finally here. Two years have flown by. Elder Frank Brunt is coming home tomorrow at 10:10 a.m. Elder Brunt has been serving his LDS mission in Vancouver, Canada. This also means Perry will be cutting his ridiculously long hair. Perry and Frank have been b.f.f. since the tender age of zero days. They do everything together; make bombs on the 4th of July, get kicked out of school together, and stay up for nearly two days playing Halo or Call of Duty. Perry has missed him so much, and he nearly breaks into tears of excitement when he thinks about Frank coming home tomorrow. I regret at this moment I do not have a picture to show.


Frank has missed so much. In his family there are three new babies, and the babies they had before he left are so old, and won't know who he is. Plus, things around the world; In-N-Out Burger, President Obama, and many many movies.


I am also excited for Frank to come home, Perry just hasn't been complete with his partner in crime m.i.a. Unfortunately, I am sad to see Perry's hair go. I never thought I would say that, but it defines Perry. I have never seen him with short hair. Perry has been growing it out for nearly three and a half years. When me and Perry got together it was a mini-Afro, now it is over two and a half feet long! Perry will be cutting it very short, and donating it to Locks of Love. We don't know how short, but I told him to cut it just so you can see his little curl. He will look so different, and many people will not recognize him. To tell the truth, when I go somewhere and meet him there, I look for his big poofy hair, now I will have to look harder. However, I think he will look so handsome. Not to mention, it will only take him fifteen minutes maximum to get ready.


We will be going to the airport, to welcome home Elder Brunt in the morning. It will be a very happy day, and at the same time it will be a very sad day. Cutting Perry's hair will be like having a death in the family; everyone is sad to see it go. However, it will be great not to be stared down every time we go some place.

Quick story - Perry and I went to Cafe Rio a couple of weeks ago, and Perry is always a gentleman and held the door for some people, while I was already inside waiting for him to come and join me. Sitting near the door was a lady in her fifties, with hair touching the roof. She was GLARING at Perry and rolling her eyes. She didn't look away for a good forty-five seconds. I was practically yelling at her, "Umm.. Hello?" but she was too preoccupied staring at Perry's hair to notice. She finally looked away, and I was so bothered by her. Perry just kept telling me to get over it, but I couldn't. Has she never seen a Polynesian before? Because Perry isn't the only one with long hair! If anything, Perry's hair is the cleanest hair - everyone else wears it wild. Not to mention, look at her damn hair. On top of that all her grand-kids, ranging in ages 1 - 6, were running amok in the restaurant. I hate that.

Luckily, Perry will be donating it and giving it to many little girls who are in need of it.





If hair had a life, and could talk, listen up;



Dear Perry's hair,



You have had a great life these past three years. But unfortunately, boys are not meant to have long hair, and you will need to be cut off. Not to mention, Perry is getting very annoyed with you being in the way. But don't let that get you down. Everyone loves you, even if they say they don't. I will truly miss you. You will always be in our hearts and will never be forgotten. Thank you for these wonderful past years.



r.i.p.

love, Kylie.

No comments:

Post a Comment