Sunday, February 28, 2010

worst day ever.

well most stressful moment of my life
so far.

On Fridays, I teach dance.
I teach from 10:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. -
then I go back for one more class at 3:00 p.m.
.
On this last Friday, I was driving to my 3:00 class,
and was stopped at the red light of 5400 South and 3200 West.
The light turned green,
I press on the gas,
then...
STOP!
Mid-intersection.
My car just stops working.
There is a car full of girls behind me, and the driver starts laying on her horn,
and yelling at me to go.
This stressed me out even more, because I didn't know what was going on with my car, and she kept honking even though I had my hazard lights on.
I finally get out of my car, and yell at her,
"I CAN'T FREAKING MOVE!"
She gets the cars behind her to back-up, and they all pass me.
.
My gas gage is broken, and I knew I was close to running out of gas.
So I thought I was out of gas.
And of course! My cell phone was dead.
Luckily there is a 7Eleven and a Chevron at that intersection,
but how am I going to get there?
.
I sit at the light - in the middle of the intersection - for 3 lights!
No one helped me.
I was traveling West, and the cars going North and South couldn't go,
but yet, no one helped me.
I finally say to myself,
"Well you're going to have to get out and ask someone."
So I get out and ask the guy in the left turn lane,
he rolls his window down an inch,
and I ask him
he speeds off like I just asked for his kidney.
I thought,
"You're kidding right?"
.
Finally, a very nice gentleman pulls up behind me and says,
"Do you need help?"
I'm crying my eyes out and say, "Yes"
He kindly pushes my car backward, out of the intersection.
Then a man and woman come up behind him,
they are driving a tow-truck.
They offer to help, too.
We decide to push it to the Chevron,
the woman driving the tow-truck gets her stop signs out to stop traffic while they push my car, and I steer.
Some man walking across the street also joins in to help.
I am pushed into the pumping stall,
and am relieved that I can go about my life.
.
I fill it up,
my car takes 13 gallons,
and it filled it up to 11.8 or so,
so I thought, "Was I really out of gas?"
I get in to start it, and
nothing.
I'm freakin'.
I sit there for a minute thinking the gas just needs time to get to the places it needs to go.
I try again.
nothing.
This time I notice a light is on in the dash.
But then it goes off, then on, then off again.
I know it's not my battery because all the lights and radio are still working.
.
I run into the station and ask for their phone and phone book.
The attendant stares at me like I asked for a machete.
He gives me the phone and I try calling the studio first -
no answer.
I then call my dad, he doesn't answer.
I needed someone to take me to dance - NOW.
I called Perry, and he left work to come pick me up.
I call my mom, and she doesn't know what to do because she can't see the light in my car.
.
I finally get a hold of someone at the studio and explain them the story,
my class goes into Chenelle's class until I can get there.
.
Perry comes to the rescue,
and tells me to start my car,
still nothing.
He lifts my hood, and can't see whats wrong.
We push it to a parking stall until we can figure out what to do,
and he takes me to dance.
.
I get to dance fifteen minutes before it gets out.
Pretty pointless, but I made the most of it.
.
Now, for about a year, my family has been in a battle with AAA,
they got mine and my sisters birthdays mixed up,
and thought I was over 21, so I could no longer be under my parents insurance.
So then we called and cleared it up but they never sent my an un-expired card.
So I couldn't call them because I didn't know if I was a member or not.
Nor did I have their number.
.
So we go back to the station, and called using my mom's card.
They said a tow truck is on it's way.
My dad finally comes, and can't figure it out either.
.
I call using Perry's cell phone,
so when the tow-truck guy calls to say he is less than five minutes away,
Perry answers.
He's Samoan.
Perry and him get along immediately.
.
He comes, asks me to start it.
And says, "It's your fuel pump."
Then decides to tow it to our great auto shop - Rowely's.
.
My car is now in the shop,
and I won't get it back until Monday night or Tuesday.
.
It was so scary being in the middle of the intersection,
and having no control of my car.
I was also so disappointed that no one helped me,
when they could see I was crying, saying profanities, and am a girl.
Then when the guy drove off, I almost started walking home then.
.
I am so thankful for;
the people who pushed my car,
the gas station attendants for letting me use their phone,
Perry, for leaving work early and picking me up, taking me to dance, and taking me back to my car, and for comforting me - even thought I might have gotten him in trouble,
my dad for calling Rowely's,
my mom for bitchin' out AAA, and letting me use her card,
AAA for towing my car, and
Chenelle for taking my class.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment