Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's day...

I'm not a huge fan of St. Valentine's Day.
I personally think it is a pretty dumb holiday.
Don't get me wrong, I love to celebrate a day of love,
but why, why do we have to have one day a year to celebrate love?
Why can't it be anyday we feel the love?

I also think certain 'typical' Valentine's day gifts are a joke.
Balloons - a waste, they last about 2 days
Flowers - a waste, pretty for the first day then gone in six
Chocolates - [oh so delicious] but a waste, your valentine will just get mad because they will gain weight if they eat them all

With that said, For Perry and my first Valentine's Day together, these gifts were exchanged,
and were very nice,
and I did enjoy them
but since then,
I have come to realize that it is a waste.

I know I probably sound like a negative Nancy right now,
but seriously, think about it?
Why can't the men in the relationship pick one day out of the year besides Valentine's and anniversaries and show some love?
Or even the women?

All in all, I feel this way about Valentine's Day but still celebrate the day filled with love,
and this year had a great one.
Perry and I decided last year we weren't going to get each other gifts,
and decided that again this year.
YET, I get to his house on Saturday night and there is a card sitting on his counter that say, "Kylie"
I looked at him with mean eyes,
I said, "it better only be a card,"
I opened it,
he said, "Yeah, only a GIFT card"
That little turd.
I was at the mall earlier with my mom,
and told him I was at a store that I really liked a lot of things in there,
he went right after and bought a gift card there.

Little shhhh.....

My parents gave me a new purse, some chocolates, and some pajamas.
It was a great day!

We celebrated my Dad's 87th birthday
[it was on the 11th]
so my whole family came over, and we had my fave - Chicken Parmesan!
yum..
It was a great day filled with love, and I got to see my family that I haven't seen since Christmas,
along with sharing the day with my one true love, Perry!

Hope you had a great day, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment