Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Perry Masao



Perry and I starting dating on March 18, 2006. It has been the best three and a half years of my life. We met because his ex-girlfriend lived across the street from my best friend, and so my best friend, Kimberlee, introduced us. However, when I first met him, I was scared; ha ha, he is Polynesian, and the only other Polynesians I had known were shy around me, and then got into brutal fights. It was actually a funny, but a complicated, few days before we officially starting dating. Perry and my other best friend, Paige were kind of 'talking,' and Paige went out of town, then Perry and me starting 'talking.' I know, good friend I am, huh?



Perry was a senior and I was a sophomore when we started dating, I was fifteen, he was eighteen. He was so sweet when we got together, and still is. The first time we hung out, he had just gotten his wisdom teeth out but still was such a gentleman to me; opening doors, making sure I was warm, and even telling some other guy off, who was making me uncomfortable. He was so shy at first, and after the first time we kissed he said, "Wow, you're lips are soft," and that's it. I don't think we hung out just me and him until we had been dating for at least a month. I was always with Kim, and she has a Polynesian boyfriend too, so it worked out great. In fact, Kim and Simati broke up for a bit, and Perry was so nervous I was going to break up with him, just because Kim didn't have a boyfriend. Ha ha, silly boy. After he graduated, it was a little weird not going to school with him, and I really hated it because he worked out in Tooele, at 4:00 in the morning. So, we only got to hang out for about an hour, because he was either in the shower or had to go to sleep. I really missed him all the time. But no matter what, he was always there to support me. He always came to every drill competition, performance, and listened to me for hours complain about everything. I am so thankful for him always being there for me. He is always willing to buy me anything, especially food, and give up anything just to satisfy me. He is the best boyfriend ever, and I couldn't ask for anything more! After I graduated, it was super hecktic, because he was nervous for me to go to the U, all by myself. I was pretty nervous also, but knew he would always be behind me. I never thought in a million years that I would date someone with longer hair than me. But I have to admit, he still is pretty handsome with hair down to his butt. Unfortunately, we when first got together it was just a miniature afro, that grew like a weed. But, on November 7, 2009, Frank-uh-lynn comes home, and he finally gets to cut it!



I will admit sometimes he is a little nuts, but he still keeps me laughing. He is a little addicted to video games, and sometimes has a little A.D.D. But I love that he doesn't act like everyone else. I love that he is so anal about having his shoes be the whitest ever, along with his always, white tee's. He also always has these crazy ideas for inventions, and I love it. Perry is also amazing at volleyball, and at making sound affect noises. I wish I could do the laser beam, and machine gun noises he makes. I love him so much, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. I am so lucky that he is my best friend, and that we fell in love in high school, not only so we can have the cutest story to tell our grandkids, but so we don't have to be searching the rest of our lives.



Perry, I hope you know you mean the world to me. I could never ask for a better boyfriend in the whole world. I truly believe you are my soul mate! I love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Kylie... this is darling. I love Perry too! He is so great for you and you two complete each other! Woo Hoo. Wa you both.

    ReplyDelete