Tuesday, October 27, 2009

road rage.

My neighborhood splits into two neighborhoods - Whitaker and Valois. Recently, maybe a year or two ago, they added another neighborhood (Smith Legacy Cove) onto Whitaker. I only know about three to four families that live there. I really like those families, but everyone else that lives in that neighborhood, I hate.

The other day, I was turning left out of my neighborhood, while someone who lives in slc (ha, ha that is Smith Legacy Cove - NOT Salt Lake City), was turning left into the neighborhood. This sixty-five year old man, driving a dark grey Prius, was a good twenty-five to thirty feet away from me, driving about fifteen miles per hour; so I went. This man slammed on his brakes, laid on his horn, and gave me the dirtiest look I've ever been given. Being a girl, it means it was a seriously dirty look - not to mention he watched me the whole way (turned his head and all) until I was out of sight. I just started laughing so hard - because who does that? Then it really put me in a bad mood.


This hasn't been the first time something like this has happened. Almost the exact same story happened to me at 5:30 in the morning with some drunk-looking sixteen year old. OR they get out on the busy road, waiting to turn left and get way out there. So then I have to make the sharpest turn possible and scrape the whole bottom of my car trying to turn in - this thing happens daily. They really make me angry.

Before they came here, we two neighborhoods were a little family. Everyone knew everyones' car, and what time they usually came and went - and we were curtious to one another. Now since they came, it is all off balance. Everytime something like this happens to me, I seriously feel like getting out of my car, going up to their window - open or closed- and screaming, "I WAS HERE FIRST! YOU YIELD TO ME!" I'm pretty sure the old man would have died.

Not to mention, after one of these incidents happens to me it seems there are only idiots out on every other road, i.e. driving 60 m.p.h. in the far left lane of the freeway, not turning left until there is a green arrow, braking in the middle of the road, not using their signals, or leaving their signals on. I cannot stand drivers some days, and then I think to myself, "They must have taken summers drivers ed, with Mackay."

No comments:

Post a Comment