Thursday, April 22, 2010

hunting for the best.

[or worst.]

It's time.

Time to find a job.

a second job.

I'm not asking for much.

Not even 20 hours per week,

if I don't have to.

I want more money.

I need more money.

Now don't get me wrong,

I love teaching dance,

but it is out of love,

not money.

.

I am a younger generation,

so I expect everything to be on the internet.

None of this - print out an application,

and walk it in crap.

I want to fill out an application online.

I don't want to call to see if you're hiring.

.

except, I did just call one place,

here's the convo.

Me: "Hi, are you hiring?"

[trying to be as perky as possible]

Girl: "Uumm.. I don't think so right now, we usually do that in the spring."

.

Um..

correct me if I'm wrong,

but aren't we in SPRING now?

.

I hate interviewing,

and I hate telling people my best qualities.

I don't want to make anyone jealous.

[ha ha, kidding seriously.]

and most of all,

I hate being the new girl.

Not to mention,

the endless hours I spend looking for a stupid job,

filling out my name, number, address,

registering as a new user,

filling out my old job's responsibilities,

just to get an email that says,

"Unfortunately, we have considered another candidate."

.

stressful.

.

Best of luck to those of you out there,

who are also job hunting.

Happy Earth Day!

1 comment:

  1. it seems like just yesterday i was in a mad rush to find a job {but never did} and here we go again. LAME! good luck to us both.

    ReplyDelete